The HawkGrips Platinum Set contains nine precision-engineered IASTM tools that glide over skin to detect and treat soft-tissue injuries. In addition, the cross-hatched design on the handles enhances gripping security and lessens the strain on the hands of the user. Ergonomically designed, this advanced set features single, double, and flat-edged tools to allow for precise treatment of targeted injuries. The single bevel edges penetrate deeper, while the double bevel edges allow for strokes in both directions.
What is IASTM? IASTM is an acronym that means "instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization" it is often used in clinics and physical therapy settings to allow more direct treatment of the soft tissues using specialized instruments instead of the therapist's hands.
The HawkGrips Platinum Set includes Small, Medium, and Large Handlebar instruments (HG1-HG3), all six small instruments (HG4-HG9), one roll-up carrying case, a shoulder bag, one jar of regular emollient, and a user manual.
- HG9 - Tongue Depressor IASTM tool is ideal for precise, efficient treatment in small, specific muscle and joint areas. Perfect for diagnosis and compact surfaces.
- HG8 - Scanner IASTM tool is best for scanning and treatment. Versatile IASTM tool capable of treating broader surface areas. Features convex treatment edge.
- HG7 - Boomerang IASTM tool is the most versatile IASTM tool for diagnosis and more aggressive treatment. Perfect for treating various muscle and joint groups, including suboccipital muscles. Features a concave treatment edge.
- HG6 - Large Multi-Curve IASTM tool is used to treat various muscle groups and joints, particularly of larger patients/athletes. Perfect for treating elbows, calf areas, knees, ankles, and feet of larger patients/athletes. Features single bevel and double bevel treatment edges.
- HG5 - Medium Multi-Curve IASTM tool is best for treating various muscle groups and joints. Perfect for treating wrists, elbows, calf areas, and knees. Features single bevel and double bevel treatment edges.
- HG4 - Small Multi-Curve IASTM tool is designed to treat fingers, hands, toes, and feet. Features single bevel, double bevel, as well as convex treatment edges.
- HG3 - Large Handlebar IASTM tool is best for treating large muscle groups of bigger patients/athletes.
- HG2 - Medium Handlebar IASTM tool works best for treating large muscle groups of average-size patients/athletes. Perfect for shoulders, back, neck, side abdominals, and hamstrings.
- HG1 - Small Handlebar IASTM tool is best for treating large muscle groups of petite patients/athletes.
- HawkGrips allows treatment performance with less time, pressure, and discomfort required.
- The instruments are made of non-porous, surgical-grade stainless steel allowing the tools to be repeatedly sterilized and cleaned (eliminating the transfer of bacteria from patient to patient).
- The emollient (included with the set) also aids the IASTM by decreasing friction and allowing the tools to glide more smoothly while softening and protecting the skin.