The Accord III Ankle Brace is a hinged functional ankle brace that offers more stability than regular ankle supports, providing the foundation for successful ankle injury prevention and treatment. It is a low profile, lightweight ankle brace that prevents abnormal ankle inversion, eversion, and rotation while allowing natural unrestricted dorsi and plantar-flexion. The combination of a soft, supportive ankle liner with a rigid foot plate and adjustable calf cuff provides unsurpassed levels of control, fit and support.
- Acute and chronic ankle sprains
- Chronic ankle instability
- Syndesmosis sprain
- Prophylactic use.
- Support for chronic instability following rehabilitation.
- For transition from walker boot or cast to daily activities after an injury
- Designed for ankle injury rehabilitation of grade I, II and high ankle sprain and strains
- Designed to increase support in the inversion and eversion control of unstable ankles
- Front closure system facilitates simple and secure application
- Soft collar padding eliminates pressure on the ankle
- Adjustable calf cuff creates a better fit and reduces inventory
- The unique footplate material is heat formable at higher temperatures
- Rigid medial and lateral uprights prevent abnormal eversion and inversion and provide protection during activity
- Functional hinge design allows for utilization of the brace prophylacticly, after acute injuries and during rehabilitation
Manufacturer's Recommended HCPCS : L1906-updated 7/13
Also Available with Calf Support HCPCS : L1971-updated 10/13