Because of the stability the New Serola Sacroiliac Belt gives to the base of your spine, strength increases throughout your back, hips, and legs, and your chances of injury are lessened considerably during work or play:
- Designed to compress and support the sacroiliac joints
- 3" wide SI belt supports the sacroiliac joints relieving stress and instability
- Breathable, moisture-wicking, and hypoallergenic
Serola vs. Other Products
When choosing a back belt, you must consider the function of the ligaments:
• Ligaments establish a stopping point at the end of the range of motion
• Ligaments are essentially non-elastic; therefore, elastic cannot establish a stopping point
• Ligaments do not compress a joint; instead, they allow movement within a normal range of motion
• Ligaments relay position sense to help regulate muscle tone (ligamento-muscular reflex)
Studies have found that correct tension for a sacroiliac belt is about how you tie a shoe. Many products use buckles and other systems that allow too much leverage, reducing the range of motion below normal and creating further irritation. On the other hand, elastic only belts fail to provide a stopping point for the excess movement, leading to a false sense of security.
The Serola Sacroiliac Belt has a patented design to combine the best of both layers. Together, these forces support the underlying mechanism of pressure variance and resist harmful stresses placed on the Sacroiliac Joint by bending, lifting, or twisting. The key is to compress the soft tissues of the hips just enough so that when the joint opens, it stops at its normal end of the range of motion. The elastic layer is then applied to compress the joint, bring the pelvis back into correct alignment, and improve posture.
The Serola Sacroiliac Belt fits around the hips, not the waist. Measure appropriately.
Available in sizes: (See the number on the bottom right corner of the label)
- Small (30" to 34" Hip Measurement)
- Medium (34" to 40" Hip Measurement)
- Large (40" to 46" Hip Measurement)
- X-Large (46" to 52" Hip Measurement)