The Ossur AFO Light Drop Foot Brace provides support only where it is needed, eliminating unnecessary bulk and providing a cosmetically-appealing look. Using the best of Flex-Foot® technology and the energy storing properties of carbon fiber, the AFO Light from Ossur offers a strong and lightweight solution for people with mild to moderate drop foot.
- Mild to moderate drop foot
- Contra-indicated for severe ankle-foot deformities, severe spasticity, fluctuation edema, M-L instability, or extreme activity
- Suggested weight range: up to 220 lbs (100kg)
- Energy return and propulsion assistance of the limb at toe off
- Supports the foot for ground clearance during swing phase
- Carbon fiber design provides excellent strength-to-weight ratio and dynamic motion
- Stiffness gradient at the heel and the toe correspond to ground reaction forces as they are applied to the foot
- Easy to don and doff
1. The AFO Light is a supportive brace only and is not intended or guaranteed to prevent injury. Ossur/Source Orthopedic accepts no responsibility for any injury which might occur while using this product. 2. With the use of this type of device, it is possible to receive various types of skin irritation and or pressure points. If you experience any unusual discomfort while using this product, consult your health care provider immediately. 3. Patients with foot neuropathy should not use this product.
The following Warranty information applies to all Össur Orthopaedic products sold in the Americas.
Table: Warranty Information for Orthopaedics
Revised 03 2009
Custom Knee Braces Frame & hinges: lifetime of the original patient
Soft goods, liners, straps: 6 months
Off-The-Shelf Knee Braces Frame & hinges: 2 years
Soft goods, liners, straps: 6 months
Post-operative Braces Shells & hinges: 3 months
Foams and straps: 30 days
All Other Products 6 months or as otherwise indicated on the product packaging or labeling
Casting and Splinting Products 3 years
Terms and Conditions
Attention: This sale involves a discount or reduction in price. You may be required to properly disclose and reflect this discount in costs claimed or charges made to federal health care programs in accordance with the provisions of 42 U.S.C. §1320 (a) – 7b (b) (3) (a) and/or 42 C.F.R § 1001.952 (h) (1). Failure to do so could subject you to civil or criminal penalties.
Össur warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty does not apply if this product (1) was not purchased from Össur or its authorized dealer, (2) has been altered in a way, or (3) has not been used in accordance with Össur’s Instructions for Use (IFU). This Limited Warranty does not cover damage due to accidents, neglect, misuse, or operation beyond capacity, parts damaged by improper installation, substitution or parts not approved by Össur, or any other alteration or repair by others that, in Össur’s judgment, materially or adversely affects the product or part.
The duration of this Limited Warranty varies by product, but is effective from the date of delivery to the purchaser. Össur’s sole obligation under this Limited Warranty is to either repair or replace the product at no charge, or to credit purchaser’s account for the value of the defective product at Össur’s sole discretion.
Use of this product is not a guarantee against injury.
User should consult with his/her health care provider immediately if user experiences any kind of adverse medical reaction following use of this product. User should consult with his/her health care professional with any questions as to how this product applies to user’s specific medical condition. If user does not agree to the above conditions, he/she should contact his/her health care professional before using this product.
Össur disclaims and excludes any other express or implied warranties not set forth in this Limited Warranty, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This Limited Warranty excludes liability for any personal injury, property damage, or special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of, related, or incident to use the product, even if Össur has been advised of the possibility of such potential loss or damage, unless state law otherwise precludes this exclusion.
- Size Chart: