The SENSUS™ TENS Pain Management Device by NEUROMetrix is a break thru in transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator (TENS unit) design for relief of chronic pain in the lower legs and feet. It is worn on the leg, just below the knee, and is activated by simply pressing a button. It’s a pain relief option that’s both easy and convenient for patients. Whenever pain relief is needed, the patient activates the device. Each session lasts 60 minutes with pain relief starting in about 10 to 15 minutes, and often lasting 30 minutes following the end of the session.
- Fastacting, on-demand chronic pain relief option
- Easy to learn, easy to use and convenient for patients
- Non-narcotic, non-addictive, no side effects
- Low profile, wearable technology keeps patients active during the day and may improve their quality of sleep at night - SENSUS is the only transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator that is FDA cleared for use during sleep
Why It Is Unique
SENSUS incorporates technological advances over traditional TENS devices:
- Preconfigured electrode for ease, accuracy of placement and patient mobility
- Two modes, regular and continuous. In continuous mode, therapy sessions will automatically start every other hour.
- One button control for ease of use
- Automatic determination of therapeutic intensity to optimize therapeutic benefit and simplify usage for patients
- Higher stimulation voltage and current to overcome high-impedance and nerve degeneration due to neuropathy
- Only transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator that is FDA cleared for use during sleep
Using your SENSUS Device - As Easy as One, Two, Three
In early August of 2012, thenumber of treatment options expanded when the SENSUS Pain Management device received FDA clearance for the treatment of chronic intractable pain, including painful diabetic neuropathy (PDN). The new SENSUS device treats PDN by non-invasively transmitting painless, low frequency electric impulses through the body, a process known as transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS).
Currently, there are only two other primary treatments available to treat the pain and numbness of diabetic neuropathy: Eli Lilly’s treatment for pain (also used for depression), Cymbalta (duloxetine) and Pfizer’s treatment for epilepsy, Lyrica (pregabalin).
The SENSUS Pain Management device is DRUG FREE and is FDA APPROVED!