The Philips Medical 7.5s Recumbent Stepper adjustable seat not only provides a customized fit, but is also removable for wheelchair access. Patients can experience full body exercise through coordinated, linear, and natural 1:1 leg and arm motion. Self-adjustable stroke length accommodates patients’ specific range of motion capabilities, providing low impact movement for knees, ankles, and hips in a safe semi-recumbent position.
Versatile for different training emphasis, the Philips 7.5S Recumbent Stepper offers a unique quadrilateral exercise pattern that allows users to selectively distribute different extent of exercise efforts across their four limbs. Limbs that input more force can efficiently lead less involved limbs to functional movements and maintain elevated heart rate. A low inertia starting at 5 watts translates to smoothness; the work rate can increase up to 750 watts, accompanied by different step speeds of the user’s choice.
- Patient warm up before physical therapy session
- Have the patient pedal to improve range of motion after knee / hip / ankle / shoulder or wrist surgery
- Allow patients to perform cardiovascular exercise
- Self adjustable step length allows patients to pedal in smaller range of knee motion, from 5 degrees to full range
- Arms are linked with a 1 to 1 ratio to the foot pedals for ease of coordination. Arms can also be used alone without stepping with feet
- Symmetry program measures balance between left and right pedal and/or arm stroke
- Graphical Bio-feedback display motivates patients to maintain even power symmetry between left and right legs. If measuring arms only the graph and power readings will be reversed
Other features of the 7.5s Recumbent Stepper:
- Work range up to 750 watts
- Indexed seat positioning accommodates users from 4' 10" to 6' 7"
- Heart Rate monitoring using the hand grips or optional heart rate chest-strap